So we had our tentative guest list, but now what were we supposed to do? Having never had a wedding before and only ever being to one in my lifetime, I wasn't sure what to even think about next. Where will we have it? That sounded like a good place to start.
It just so happened that we also had a meeting with our landscaper yesterday. We have plans for our backyard but Dustin is all, "oh I don't know if we should spend the money on that..." So I thought, "hey, why not spend the money on that and have our wedding in our newly landscaped backyard?" It sure beats throwing money away on some pricey venue that we'd only get to use once. Am I right? I'd so much rather put our money into our yard and be able to enjoy it every day, not just for one day.
So right now, that's what we're sitting on. Backyard reception? Oh I have so many ideas for decorations already! (You can check out my Pinterest board here). Our yard is huge and backs onto a forest which would be perfection with lights hanging from all of the trees. It would be more casual like we wanted and less of a fancy event. My only worries:
- People running in and out of the house the whole time
- The weather... I would die if it rained!
- We currently have no fences and would need to block off our neighbors yards.
- Our grass. We are still waiting on the builders to come back and finish our property.
- 4 months. Yep, we only have 4 months to pull this off.