When Dawn emailed me about the ornament swap she's organizing this year, I was kind of excited to get involved! I am such a Christmas nut and this seemed like a great way to kickstart my butt into holiday mode. This swap is fun because it gives you the chance to connect with other bloggers, and maybe even make a new friend out of a stranger!
So how does it work? You can head on over to Dawn's blog to check out the complete details, but here is a rundown:
- Email Dawn at d.marie755(at)gmail.com with the subject line ORNAMENT SWAP so she can partner you up with somebody! In the email, include your postal address and your shipping preferences (In other words, are you able to ship things overseas?)
- Also include a link to your blog, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook page or website if you have one. Your site is an easy way for your partner to get to know you. Don't have a site? Don't worry! Email and other online platforms still give you and your partner the perfect opportunity to learn more about each other.
- The last day to sign up for the swap is Nov. 11. (she plans to have everyone partnered by Nov. 14. The ornaments should be mailed by Nov. 24. It gives your partner plenty of time to enjoy your gift!)
- Ornaments can be purchased or created, vintage or handmade! They can be whatever you would like them to be ... but they shouldn't cost more than $10. It's the holiday season, so it's understandable that things are going to get hectic! However, please think about what sort of ornament would stun your partner when he or she unwraps and unravels the packaging.
- Include a note with your ornament. Tell your partner a little more about yourself. About the ornament. About your favorite Christmas traditions. A short, sweet or funny Christmas poem. Song lyrics. A quote. A laundry list of why you love Christmas. A laundry list of all the nicknames you have for your cat.
Lastly, have fun! Enjoy getting to know another blogger during what is considered to be "the most wonderful time of the year." And be sure to snap a photo (or two or five) of your new ornament. Come mid-December so Dawn can showcase the entire exchange on her blog.
I'll be participating, will you!? I wonder who my partner will be!!?
(p.s. head on over to my Facebook page and click the Giveaway tab to view the new Christmas in November giveaway!!!)