Holiday Hollywood Makeup Tutorial
This look is so “Hollywood” that I thought it would be great for the holiday season, when everybody wants to feel a little glam! It’s a silvery look that anybody can do, and is also a fabulous way to make your eyes appear bigger. It’s actually a bit more silver in person, though it looks like it has a pink tone in the photos. Also, for those of you that don’t have much of a crease, this technique adds a “false crease” that really helps give you some dimension.
I used the Lorac night palette from my Lorac limited edition jewelry box collection, which I don’t think you can get anymore, so the colours I used are shown above so you can try this with something similar from your own makeup collection!
1. Fill entire area with base. This can be a primer or a white cream base. Highlight brow bone with shimmery white as shown in the image above
2. Fill lid with silver (colour #2 above). Pack it on heavily.
3. With a thin brush and a matte black shadow (#3), carefully draw a line directly above your eye crease, starting at the outer corner of your eye to the inner corner. Use your brows as a guide for where to start and stop. You can start light and trace over it a couple times if you need to.
4. With a blending brush and a medium grey shadow (#4), blend out the line while filling your crease with this softer shade.
5. When both eyes are blended, it should look something like this.
6. Starting in the center of your eyelid, line with eyeliner and bring the wing out to touch where you began your line in step 3.
7. Curl lashes, add mascara on top and bottom. Clean up your under eyes/cheekbones with concealer or foundation to get rid of the eyeshadow particles that fell.
Need blog topic ideas? Check out 365 Blog Topic Ideas on Amazon!
Follow (CLICK TO FOLLOW ALONG AND STAY UPDATED)