There are plenty of places online that allow you to print your Instagram photos, but what about doing it yourself? I wanted to print photos that had that authentic Polaroid feel, so I came up with a nice little template that you can use to create your own Instagram Polaroids easily… with no Photoshop skills required. These print out the same size as an actual Polaroid photo and have the texture of a vintage photo.
First, you’ll need the Polaroid template. Click here to grab that and save it to your computer.
Head on over to Pixlr.com/editor now and follow these steps:
- Choose Open Image from Computer and open the saved template
- Go to http://followgram.me/yourusername (using your own username) to choose your photos
- Right-click on the large photo you want to use, and click Copy Image URL/Location.
- In Pixlr, under the top menu choose Layer > Open Image URL as Layer
- Paste the image URL in the box (CTRL + V or right click, paste). Your image will be added as a new layer to the document.
- In the Layers panel on the left hand side, grab the new layer and drag it below Layer 0 (your polaroid template). Position it in place.
- Do this for all 4 images!
You can then go to File > Print or save the finished file to your computer for later. I recommend printing on a photo paper to get that authentic Polaroid feel!
Please do not share the full size downloadable images on your blog/website, use for profit in any way, or claim as your own. I offer these freebies to my readers as a small token of my appreciation so please play nice 😉 All artwork is © copyright wonder forest, 2014. If you’d like to share, please be sure to link back to this post so your visitors can grab them directly.
» Need blog topic ideas? Check out 365 Blog Topic Ideas on Amazon!
I am an online entrepreneur/artist helping other creatives kick butt in the real world. When I’m not running the Wonder Forest blog ship, you can find me teaching in my Watercolour Workshop, creating artwork for phone cases and home decor, whilst managing the daily tasks of Dana Fox Creative. Visit me at the links below if you wanna be friends and check out my Instagram stories for behind the scenes bits!