Who needs a bouquet of flowers when you can have a bouquet of sweet, felted lollipops? Whether you’re throwing a candy-themed party or just want a fun craft to do this weekend, these colourful felted lollipops are super inexpensive and easy to make.
- Roving wool in a variety of colours
- Felting needle
- Wooden sticks or popsicle sticks (find them at the dollar store)
- FloraCraft styrofoam egg
1. Start by pressing your styrofoam egg down on a solid surface to make it into a flat disc shape. It’s important to use the FloraCraft brand styrofoam or equivalent, as other styrofoams you might find at the dollar store won’t change shape easily. You can also start with a sphere shape and get the same result.
2. Choose a base colour for your lollipop and stretch it out over the disc. Use your felting needle to poke the wool into place until it has formed to the shape of the disc. This should take about 10 minutes – and don’t take your eyes off your work as it’s super easy to poke yourself! Depending on the quality of your wool, you may need several layers before the colour is even.
3. Next, take long strands of wool and poke them into the disc in a swirl shape. This is where your own creativity comes in – choose any number of colours and don’t be afraid to go bold!
4. Lastly, simply poke your popsicle stick or wooden stick into the base of the lollipop and voila – it’s done! Make any number of colours and sizes in different combinations and you have yourself a lollipop bouquet. Easy, wasn’t it?!
Last Updated on