When I created this hair tutorial last week, I really should have called it “one braid, two ways”, because this look totally uses the same technique, with just one additional step. I love the look of a messy hairdo, and this one is great for anything, really. You can make it as neat or as carefree as you like, depending on the occasion.
These instructions are pretty much the exact same as the other tutorial, so if you’ve tried that one just skip to the last step to complete this look.
1. Start with wavy hair for a bit of texture. On one side, grab a chunk of hair from the top closest to your face. Section into 3 pieces to start your braid. You’re going to want to do sort of a backwards braid. Instead of passing the pieces above one another, pass them underneath. (i.e. take a piece from the outside, pass it under and into the center)
2. Continue braiding, grabbing chunks from the top layer of your hair and incorporating them into your current braid strand. When you get about two inches behind your ear, continue the braid without adding any more strands. Pin temporarily in place while you work on the other side.
3. Do the same on the other side. Grab your three strands…
4. … Add pieces from the top layer…
5 … And continue the braid to the end.
6. Grab both braids and tie them together at the back of your head with a clear elastic.
7. Now with another elastic, loosely gather all of the remaining hair and tie it into a ponytail at the base of your skull.
It’s always nice to be able to change up a single hairstyle with just a little tweak, am I right?! You get two hairstyles in one! I hope you girls like this look!
Last Updated on