I’ve been really indulging in the holiday spirit this year, which prompted me to create this outdoor winter landscape in watercolour.
It’s not often that I paint landscapes or scenery, but there’s something soothing about creating your own little location and watching it come to life.
In the video below, you’ll see how I created this scene step by step. This time, I tried out the Stonehenge Aqua Cold Press paper from Legion Paper, and was pleasantly surprised.
It is a 100% cotton paper with a great texture. Click here to watch or press play below:
I also wanted to take this opportunity to let you know about my new Watercolour Workshop!
I’ve created a complete online course full of videos for those who are interested in learning how to paint with watercolours.
I cover everything from tools and techniques to digitizing your work and creating patterns… just like I do for many of my retail products.
For all of the details, check out the Watercolour Workshop site right here. I really hope to see you there!
Here is a list of products I used in the winter landscape painting video:
- Stonehenge Aqua CP (100% Cotton) 300GSM paper
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Indian Red
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Indigo
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Burnt Umber
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Yellow Ochre
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Raw Umber
- Silver Brush Black Velvet #12
- Silver Brush Black Velvet #6
- Uniball Signo White Gel Pen
Last Updated on