I wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t start the month of December off with a festive nail art post!
The winter season always tends to fill my closet with plaids, so this weekend as I was sporting one of my festive flannels, I decided to match my nails to my outfit.
Creating plaid nails is a pretty easy process, you just need a little patience and a steady hand, or take a little extra time and use some sticky tape.
How to paint plaid nails
- Step 1: Paint your nails red or whatever solid colour you like
- Step 2: Paint on some thick black stripes. You can position these however you like and you’ll notice I made mine random for each nail. I used nail art brushes for this, but like I said you can also use tape if you don’t have a steady hand.
- Step 3: Once dry, paint on two or three thinner lines inside of the vertical black lines.
- Step 4: Once dry, paint white lines the same way in the horizontal direction.
- Step 5: Now use your creativity and paint some additional thin white lines over the rest like a true plaid pattern. You can put these vertically or horizontally. However fits your nail best. There is no specific formula for this!
If you still need a little inspiration, check out these delightful holiday nail designs, or our holiday themed nail tutorials below:
Last Updated on